If you or your service work with over 65s in the Wigtownshire area, this event is for you!
You are invited to attend our third sector mPower learning event from 11am to 1pm on 30th May in Burn’s House, Stranraer.
We are pleased to have Susan McKie and Stacey Halley from the mPower project coming along to talk to third sector organisations and give an overview of the mPower project in Wigtownshire and our role in the project as third sector organisations. There will also be a talk from Chris Fyles, NHS Technology Enabled Care Project Lead, on telehealth and telecare services.
mPower is an INTERREG VA funded programme to support older people, and is one of 60 cross-border funding programmes across the European Union. The aims of the mPower project are to enable older people to live well, safely and independently in their own homes, supported by a modernised infrastructure for healthy ageing. mPower will champion a preventative approach to care, supporting societal change by empowering more people to self-manage their health and care in the community, through the use of Social Prescribing and eHealth interventions, reducing unnecessary presentation to primary care.
What services will mPower provide?
The personalised wellbeing plans will focus on supporting self-management, and will include:
- Social prescribing – connecting people to local activities and services which support health and wellbeing – will be a key component of the plans.
- Digital health interventions – including integrated home and mobile monitoring solutions, digital health and wellbeing apps and video enabled care solutions.
Over the next four years, mPower will support:
- 2,500 people through the development of wellbeing plans
- 4,500 digital health interventions.
Not sure if this event is for you?
The project budget is €8,700,000.
mPower will be asking a range of stakeholders to get involved in each of the target communities:
- Third sector and independent organisations with an interest in supporting the health and wellbeing of older people
- Local people in collaboration with project partners and stakeholder organisations
- GPs and other primary care professionals supporting people in their homes and communities
For more information please visit: https://mpowerhealth.eu/about/
If you wish to attend or you require more information, please respond to this email or call our Dumfries office on 0300 303 8558.
Please feel free to share with any other relevant groups or organisations who may wish to attend.